Last month several famous traditional festivals in Myanmar were unfortunately cancelled due to Covid-19. The Taungbyone Nat festival near Mandalay and the Lawkananda festival in Bagan were two of the more recent ones cancelled. To keep the tradition, the spirit and the fun of these festivals alive, MYANMORE is together with Exploration Travel creating “online festivals” with a short story about each festival, pictures from previous years and inviting people to add pictures, stories and memories of the festival. Stay tuned for updates and join us to keep these amazing festivals fresh in our memories!
The upcoming festivals that are likely to be cancelled:
- Manuha festival in Bagan: 30 September 2020
- Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda Festival: 17th October 2020
- Thadingyut Festival Of Lights: 30th Oct – 1st Nov 2020
- Kyaukse Elephant Dance Festival: 30th Oct – 1st Nov 2020
- Taunggyi Balloon Festival: 23rd – 29th Nov 2020
Stay tuned for the first festival coming up – Manuha festival in Bagan!