1) Rakhine State is now the epicentre of COVID-19 resurgence with 184 new cases in the past 10 days.
2) Sittwe is the most affected with 114 patients receiving treatment at the Sittwe General Hospital. The youngest patient is only 2 months old. (We’re all praying for a speedy recovery, little one.)
3) The total number of cases is 586 with 6 dead and 339 recovered.
4) The Yangon Region Government is to take action against people who don’t wear masks and nightlife venues who are still operating.
5) The punishments for not wearing a mask while going outside include a Ks 5,000 fine. If the owners of bars, KTVs and night clubs don’t follow the regulations, they could lose their licences.