1) 13 new cases confirmed as of 8:00am today, putting the total case number at 463.
2) All the new cases are from quarantine centres in Sittwe, Rakhine State.
3) It’s found that they all had close contacts with previously confirmed patients.
4) The second wave of the pandemic has primarily hit Rakhine. The schools are closed and flights between Yangon and Sittwe suspended for two weeks.
5) Between 16 and the morning of 24 August, 72 cases are found in Rakhine towns of Sittwe, Mrauk-U and Thandwe.
6) The residents of Sittwe have been advised to stay at home while the town is under curfew from 9pm to 4am which is expected to last for two months.
7) The primary tests of the medical staff at a private clinic in Lanmadaw Township, Yangon, where a confirmed patient from Rakhine had visited showed negative.
8) Since 21 August, anyone visiting Nay Pyi Taw will face fever screening and must provide information regarding where they come from.
9) Anyone travelling from Sittwe to Yangon is subject to 21-day quarantine and two COVID-19 tests.
10) The mutation of COVID-19, D614G, is reportedly 10 times more infectious than the previous one.
11) So far there are six deaths and 341 recovered.