With the new curfew time from midnight, the nightlife of Yangon is coming back. Quarantine is also being removed at more places around the country, enabling domestic travel and a chance to change the scenery as our article below share tips on.
On Myanmar’s social media last week three topics were frequently discussed. First was the death of a pregnant elephant in India, found dead standing in the middle of a river in Kerala state, after having eaten fruits with firecrackers inside. The case is still under investigation and a lot of people have expressed their condolences to the elephant on social media. A second topic is the use of plastic screens, one of the methods of social distancing in restaurants. The practice is being questioned for its effectiveness, stating that it is of no use since people sitting together at the same table with plastic screens in between have already been in close contact with each other before coming to that restaurant. And finally, anger has been circulating online after the Bagan Tourist Guide Association found out that eight pagodas in Bagan have had thieves breaking in and stealing the enshrined valuables.
Must read for this week:
- We have listed 12 restaurants worth trying this month. Check them out and support Yangon’s hard-working entrepreneurs!
- Gyms are opening up but it will not be your normal workout!
- There are many good opportunities to rent a car and head out on the road for a stay in a different place for a week!
Things to do this weekend:
- Friday, June 12 – BBQ a la carte buffet @ Sedona Hotel Yangon
Every Tuesday and Friday, come and experience Sedona’s own BBQ a la carte buffet at USD 47 nett for 2 persons! Enjoy unlimited beverages from soft drinks, beer, and wine! Children below 11 years old get 50% off!
- Saturday, June 13 – Farm to Table BBQ The Pool @ Pun Hlaing Estate
Set by Oasis Bistro with views out to the gardens and the outdoor pool, high-quality meat is cooked to your desires, complemented with traditional barbeque side salads bar and matching wines from Cellar Door.
- Saturday, June 13 – Seafood a la carte buffet @ Sedona Hotel Yangon
Every Wednesday & Saturday in the whole month of June, Sedona Hotel Yangon showcases the city’s best Seafood a la carte buffet at USD 47 nett for 2 persons! Enjoy your favourite seafood items and unlimited beverages from softdrinks, beer, and wine! Children below 11 years old get 50% off!
- Sunday, June 14 – Sunday Boutique Brunch @ Savoy Hotel
Every second Sunday, you can get the chance to try their incredible menu by renowned Executive Chef, Florian Eberhardt, freshly made with the best Myanmar and International produce.
- Sunday, June 14 – Sunday Brunch @ Novotel Yangon Max
USD 34 net per person including free flow of Beer, Red & White Wine, Sparkling Wine and Soft drinks.