Situations are not good in Yangon as COVID-19 is finally here and three people are already hit now, we don’t know what’s coming next. In Yangon, Thingyan is canceled now, nightclubs and karaokes are shut down and so are the beaches in Ayeyarwady region, large crowds and occasions are prohibited until further notice. Most people got fluster and went to closet supermarkets for panic buying.
So we just want to comfort everyone that please remain calm and don’t do any panic buying to fill up the line in the supermarkets. These supermarkets maximise the availability and are working with suppliers to keep products flowing through the system. Always remember to avoid crowded places and don’t forget to wash your hand all the time. Wear a mask if you go out. Stay alert and make sure to follow the rules and information stated by the Ministry of Health and Sports and to report to nearest healthcare centers if COVID-19 suspected patients are found. Please find the Emergency contact numbers below.
Public Health Emergency Operation Center – 067 3420268
Yangon Airport Health Quarantine Unit – 09 7999838333
Yangon Regional Department of Public Health – 09 449001261, 09 794510057
Mandalay Regional Department of Public Health – 09 2000344, 09 43099526
So let’s go back to our weekly routine here. Almost everything is closed in Yangon and people are advised to stay home to prevent the virus from spreading. But that doesn’t mean we can’t do nothing. For your boredom during self-isolation and quarantine, we have some lists of things to do (online) here. Check ’em out!
If you’re a traveller, don’t miss out to check these amazing Virtual Tours around the world.
If you’re a gymnast, join free gym classes online.
- Core Power Yoga: Sixteen hour-long yoga classes and four meditations.
- Echelon and Peloton: Both apps offer a wide variety of live and on-demand classes (yoga, dance, core, etc) and both apps are free for 90 days.
- Barre3 and The Bar Method: The ballet-meets-yoga classes are free for 15 days.
- Daily Burn and Gold’s Gym: Try a 60-day free trial of the Daily Burn’s sleek at-home classes, with a variety of specialties or hit the 600 audio and video classes on the Gold’s Gym until May 31 for free.
- Planet Fitness: daily free classes at 7 p.m.
Or if you’re a foodie, then here’s our Food Delivery Services For Your Comfort so you can order your food online without going out. And our Online Grocery Stores: Shopping From Your Home guide could be your shopping courier.
If you’re a bookworm then here’s our guide to The Burmese Bookshelf.
That’s all? What else we can do? Well, please continue..
Enjoy the Paris Opera from the couch (at home)
Enjoy the beautiful ballets and dances by just a single click at your home as the Paris Opera has decided to give free access to the public for the next few months. Here is the full schedule:
- March 23 – 29: Don Giovanni (2019)
- March 30 – April 5: Swan Lake (2019)
- April 6 – 12: The Barber of Seville (2014)
- April 13 – 19: Tribute to Jerome Robbins (2018)
- April 20 – 26: The Tales of Hoffmann (2016)
- April 27 – May 3: Carmen (2017)
- March 17 – May 3: Cycle of Tchaikovsky’s six symphonies played by the Orchestra of the Paris National Opera, conducted by Philippe Jordan.
Download House Party app and connect with friends all around the world over video chat, play some trivia games and listen to music together without leaving your doorstep.
Or. Enjoy staycations at Yangon’s beautiful hotels and resorts at special rates during the crisis.
International Weekday Buffet Dinner
Explore Yangon’s most extensive Weekday Dinner Buffet from Monday to Friday offering a diverse selection of freshly prepared culinary favourites including seafood and
appetizers, Western, Asian and local Myanmar favourites – all for just USD 35 nett for two (2) persons! Just Like, Share and Claim this offer in our Facebook page to avail of
this fantastic promotion! Available from now until 30th April 2020. Call +95 1 860 5377 or +95 9 894 628 822 now for bookings. All T&Cs apply. To qualify, please present a digital proof of your Like and Share to anyone of our staff at the D’Cuisine and you’re good to go!