Some roads and streets in Yangon will be closed temporarily on the morning of 19 January due to the Yoma Yangon International Marathon 2020. Jointly organised by Yoma Strategic, First Myanmar Investment Public Co., and Yangon City Development Committee, the event is Myanmar’s largest annual participatory running event.
For safety of the participants, the roads that will be fully or partially closed are:
• Waizayandar and Lay Dankkan Junction to Thanthumar Junction (2am to 12.30pm)
• Yar Za Di Yit to Old Strand Road (4.30am to 9am)
• Old Strand Road to Kyeemyindaing Kanner Road (4.30am to 9am)
• Shwe Dagon Pagoda Road to U Htaung Bo Road (4.30am to 9am)
• Ba Nyar Dala Road to Kyaikka San Road (4.30am to 10.30am)
• Set Yone Road to Ba Nyar Dala Road (4.30am to 10.30am)
• Baho Road to Say War Street (4.30am to 11am)
• Aung Theikdi Road to Min Dhama Road (4.30am to 11am)
• Thitsar Road (Kanbe) to Moe Kaung Road (4.30am to 11am)
Additional information about the course routes for the Full Marathon (42km), Half Marathon (21km), 10.5km Challenge and the 3km Fun Run/Walk is available on the event website (yomayangonmarathon.com).