From the herby fare of the north to the fresh and spicy seafood along the western coastline, Myanmar has an endless choice of tasty ethnic cuisine. To try your hand at cooking these dishes yourself, Myanmore and the Myanmar Ethnic Restaurateurs Group (MERG) offer the following recipe from Padonmar Restaurant.
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Chicken – 32 g
Pickled Tea Leaves (Organic) – 2 g
Garlic – 2 g
Onion paste – 2 g
Sunflower Oil – 1 tablespoon
Turmeric – a little
Mushroom powder – 2 teaspoons
– Slice the chicken into eight pieces and knead together with mushroom powder and turmeric for 10 minutes.
– Clean with water and knead the pickled tea leave to tender.
– Add pounded garlic, onion paste, pickled tea leaves and mushroom powder into the cooking oil and stir for five minutes.
– Add chicken and stir for five minutes.
– Add a cup of water and stir until the chicken becomes tender.