KNOWN FACTS THAT ARE ACTUALLY UNTRUE
Whoa! What did you say? Facts, but not true? So all this while, It’s been a lie? We’ve been living amongst lies!
This is not on mateys. I found nuggets of info that might ( or not) add on to our intelligence. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss, they say.
Regardless, I must say, I was kinda disappointed that Napoleon actually wasn’t short. (Fact #9) I used to call annoying people, who also happened to be short, of having the Napoleon Syndrome. So what do I call them now?
And yes, I must remember that our goldfish sees and remembers eeevvvveerryyythinggggg!
- FACT: Your tongue has different parts that are dedicated to different tastes. Truth: All tastes can be sensed on every part of the tongue
- FACT: Sugar will make you hyperactive
Truth: It’s all in our heads. A study from Yale disproves that sugar can make you hyper
- FACT: Chameleons change colour to blend in to their environments.
Truth: They actually change colour to show their moods and mating behaviours. It’s a communication technique
- FACT: Frankenstein is a monster that came alive by a timely strike of lightening
Truth: Frankenstein is actually the name of the doctor that created the monster. The monster was nameless.
- FACT: Coffee is made from beans
Truth: Coffee is made from seedsfrom berries called coffee cherries
- FACT: Mount Everest is the tallest mountain in the world
Truth: A mountain s defined by how far it is above sea level, which would make Mauna Kea the tallest mountain
- FACT: Bulls can see the color red/the color red makes bulls angry
Truth: They are color blind. It’s actually the movement of the cape being flipped around that gets the bull to be aggressive
8. FACT: Goldfish have a 3-second memory span
Truth: Nope. They can actually remember things for up to five months
9. FACT: Napoleon Bonaparte was really short
Truth: He was actually five foot seven, which was actually taller than the average
French male in that time period.
- FACT: Cracking your knuckles will lead to arthritis
Truth: It won’t.
Daniel Collins is back leading yoga at L’opera this month. Classes in the gazebo behind l’opera restaurant. 7,000 kyats donation for 1 1/2 hr. class. Bring your own mat and any props you use.
tues. jan. 13: yoga at 4:45pm as usual
thurs. jan. 15: yoga at 4:45pm as usual
sun. jan. 18: yoga at 9am as usual
tues. jan. 20 yoga at 4:45pm as usual
thurs. jan. 22 yoga at 4:45pm as usual
sun. jan. 25: yoga at 9am as usual
tues. jan 27: yoga at 4:45pm as usual
thurs. jan 29: yoga at 4:45pm as usual
WEEKLY MENU @ AFTER WORK BISTRO
Lunch or dinner set meals @ 6,500Ks. Check out their FB page for list of menu
After Work Bistro and Bar
38 A1 Shan Gone Lane near Myay Ni Gone
+95 (0) 9 420 239 822
JUMBO BURGER PROMO @ GALLERY BAR
For the month of January, finish their huge Jumbo Burger at Gallery Bar, and you get yourself a pitcher of beer free. We’re told its huge. How huge? That’s for you to find out.
CONGRATS TO CHATRIUM HOTEL
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon was recently honoured with Asia’s Top Business Hotel Award at the NOW Travel Asia Awards 2014. Congratulations!