Whetta Ponyegyi (Pork Loin in Fermented Bean Sauce)
by Oliver E Soe Thet
2 Pork Filets ( 600 g )
• 200g Ramree Cherry Potatoes (high nutrition) or 200g San Remo Fettuccini Pasta
• 200g small Shallots
• 10 cloves of Garlic
• 12 Mini Lady Fingers
• 100g young Cauliflower
• 20g fresh Ginger sliced fine
• 2 packs of Fermented Bean Paste (Ponyegyi)
• Iodized refined Salt and Pepper
• Vegetable Oil
• Coriander Leaves, crispy Tofu Skin, crispy Garlic for deco
• 0.01 Ltr White Vinegar
• 0.25 Ltr Water, 1 cup
How to Cook
1) Mix the two packs of Ponyegyi, (fermented horse gram sauce) with water and vinegar, marinate the pork loin for at least one hour in this horse gram paste.
2) Remove the loin and season with salt and pepper and fry as whole in a pan from all sides for 2 minutes with gentle heat. After half time add the garlic, ginger and shallots sautee some time, than remove the pork loin and keep at a warm place to relax.
3) Spoon in the Ponyegyi liquid into the pan and slow cook for some minutes until the shallots are soft, season with salt and pepper.
4) At the same time, blanch in hot salt water the cauliflower and ladyfinger until tender but still with a bite and place in ice water to keep their natural color.
5) Have the Ramree Island potatoes (or fettuccine, also rice) cooked in saltwater.
6) Reheat the cauliflower and ladyfinger in some butter, season with some groundnut meg.
Green Ministone Soup with Smoked Salmon
by Sunny Angelo
• 100g Smoked Salmon, cut Julian
• ½ Zucchini, cut into cubes
• 100g Leeks, chopped
• 50g Frozen Green Peas, washed & drain
• 50g French Bean, cut into cubes
• 80g Broccoli, cut small pieces
• 50g Fresh Basil Leaves, pit the leaves & washed
• 50g Cashew nut, roasted
• 7 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and press
• 3 tbsp Olive Oil
• A Pinch Salt & Crushed Black Pepper
• 2 tbsp Chicken Powder
• 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese Powder
• 6 Slices of baguette, cut and toast
• 500ml Chicken stock
• 50g Unsalted Butter
• 5g Fresh Rosemary, chopped
• 5g Fresh Oregano, chopped
How to Cook
1) Put in 500ml of chicken stock & 1 tsp of chicken powder into soup bowl and bring to boil over high heat.
2) In a fry pan, sauté all green vegetables with pressed garlic, chopped rosemary, oregano & unsalted butter until flavor, seasoning with a pinch of salt and crushed black pepper.
3) Then put sauté green vegetables into chicken stock and cook until all vegetables are tenders.
4) In the blender, put fresh basil, garlic, cashew nut, olive oil, parmesan cheese powder, a pinch of salt & crushed black pepper to make pesto.
5) When pesto spread is ready, put on slices of baguette and toast for a while to get crispy outside.
6) Adjust the taste with a pinch of chicken powder, salt & pepper you desire and serve the soup with toasted pesto bread and pesto sauce, on top with shredded parmesan cheese and smoked salmon.