( Mandalay Rice noodle Salad )
by: Sunny Angelo
• 250 g Whole Chicken Breast, cooked and Julian
• 160 g Cooked Mandalay Rice Noodle
• 1 Hard Boiled Egg
• 20 g Local Cracker
• 1 Clove of Onion, sliced and soak in salted ice water
• 4 tsp Roasted Bean Powder
• 2 tbsp Citron Juice
• 1 tsp Cooked Chili Powder
• 1 tsp Fish Sauce
• 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
• 1 Clove Onion, chopped and mashed
• 5 Clove Garlic, peeled and mashed
• 3 Dried Chili, soak and mashed
• 50 g Ginger, peeled and mashed
• 1 tsp Fish sauce
• 1 tsp Chicken Powder
• 50 g Tamarind Puree
• 10 g Coriander stalk, chopped
• A pinch Salt & Crushed Black Pepper, to taste
• 160 ml Ground nut oil
• 1 liter Water
How to Cook
1. To make the Chili paste, mash the Dried Chili first, then Ginger, Garlic and chopped Onion should be the last.
2. To cook the Chicken Breast, pour the 160 ml of Ground nut oil to the pot and heat up over medium heat, then put Ground turmeric first and follow with mashed Chili Paste and stir occasionally until Chili Paste get flavor and cooked.
3. Then pour in the Fish Sauce, Chicken Powder, chopped Coriander Stalk and stir for a while until all ingredients get well blended.
4. Then put in the Whole Chicken Breast and cook for about 2 minutes until Chicken Breast got flavor and then pour in 1 Liter of Water and cook for 30 minutes over Medium Heat.
5. When Chicken cooked add the Tamarind Puree and cook for another 3 minutes, let cold down for a few minutes and debone, then make Julian the Chicken for Mandalay Rice Noodle salad.
6. To make Rice Noodle Salad, in the mixing bowl put the cooked Rice Noodle and then add in cooked Chicken Julian with some of cooked Chicken Gravy, roasted Bean Powder, cooked Chili Powder and mix gently, add some Fish Sauce and Citron Juice to adjust the taste.
7. Put separately onto 2 Salad Plate and on top with half of Hard Boiled Egg each, some Local Crackers, sliced Onion with some nice and fresh Coriander Leaves to serve.