Current Situation with Myanmar's State of Emergency
- Internet is available 24/7 again via fiber connections only.
- Banking apps and other corporate cloud tools have been whitelisted and can be accessed through mobile data usage.
- Payment cards such as VISA and MASTERCARD can be used again at City Mart, Capital, Makro and others.
- Curfew still in place from 8pm to 6am.
- Relief flights are possible.
- Civil Disobedience Movement is affecting government and banks open hours.
- Banks are making efforts to help people withdraw money
- Traffic and business operation are currently being affected due to demonstrations and roadblocks.
- Very limited testing of COVID-19 infections means there is a big risk of infections.
Myanmar and its people is facing a difficult time with several disruptions taking place. For news updates we strongly recommend to follow Frontier. Here and below we cover items affecting the daily life: